Don't Vote

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Civil Disobedience

On my second day here in New Hampshire I decided to partake in the same type of civil disobedience that motivated me to join the Free State Project.

Most people know that I believe the drug war has proven itself to be an utter failure in domestic policy. Since I know that police are not legally required to arrest people for anything I wanted to start a dialog with them that might encourage them to use their discretion rather than throwing people in cages for possessing a plant. Here's how the day went:


If video fails to load it can be seen here.

I ended up sending the Manchester police chief a letter trying to get an appointment to meet with him but apparently he was too busy to reply. Go figure. You'd think if people are forced to pay for police protection they'd at least be able to get good service, but with government it never seems to work out that way.

Now I'm not sure if this was something that would make me a target to the Manchester police months later. I'd like to believe they chose to ignore me and I was not on their radar. As you'll see over the next couple of posts, I now think that may not be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment